Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Way too much spice!

I don't get to visit ET & Gil at their home that often. Good reasons abound:
* One guy is a party hound, his most favorite hangout the Sound Bar, a misnomer and an irony by itself, as I feel. I am the kind that tunes a cheap $80-100W-5.1 for the best fidelity possible. Sound Bar is too noisy for me.
* The other guy has varied interests that pretty much keep him on his toes round the clock.
* And simply because, good things are a rarity.

The good thing is what makes the visit special! It's the Gil's cooking that I feast on combined with ET's efforts in keeping the others distracted.

I like his cooking for the simplicity and sincerity. The choice of ingredients is minimal and the efforts are devoted in bringing the best off them. They may not be consistent, but hey, that's the biggest challenge for any chef.

I see how I have been squandering spice in all my cooking. I've kept my kitchen like the Sound Bar, while I should rather be tuning my 100W-5.1

-Ram
PS: I realized I made a molten mass of fiery-red-lava this weekend and named it Sambaar.

2 Comments:

Blogger funkaboy said...

And he tried to give a spoon of the its-so-spicy-that-both-ends-
-of-the-food-pipe-are-on-fire to the
poor unsuspecting Romanian who had
come to hang out with us. He must have thought that staying alone in his hotel room is much better than this.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

whoa! thx!

never knew there was a meaning behind my cooking!

g

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home