Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dhayavu seidhu :)

Its 11.07p.m. on a sunday night, I have to wake up at 6a.m. to get to work and I have a long week ahead. I told myself "so what, fuck it" and here I am to write about arguably the best news I've heard in a long, long time.

Sometimes I wonder how people conjure fairy tales that everybody can relate to. Think about it, everybody has their own fairy tale which they hope would become a reality; A fairy tale which can make masses relate to is a big deal, isnt it? Almost "titanic", in a way :) Well, two of my best friends, Karthik and Rachna have done themselves that honor. They announced their marriage last thursday and I'm still on a "high" from it. We're talking about two really cool people who've known each other from stone age as really good friends, who know each other inside out, whose lives are already weaved into one through their friendship. And now, they're tying the knot. How cool is that?? Isnt this what everybody wants? To devote their lifetime to a person that they love to be with? The perfect match? Well, Karthik and Rachna are that lucky and I hope to God that they realize how fortunate they are :) I'm not even sure how to express how happy I am to hear this; The only blemish is that since I've seen/known them as friends for too long, I can't imagine them making out =))))) That thought really weirds me out and I'll be happy to avoid it :P

Thanks to Karthik for throwing the craziest house party last night (Note that I'm calling him "Karthik" as opposed to his nickname "Military". This means that I'm talking serious stuff :P) and it was a hell of a blast. I should mention before I proceed that "this gang is the shit"..Its impossible to find such awesome, fun loving, cool, smart people in one group and I owe it to my roomie for the introduction :) Honestly, I'd be a "nobody" without these people; Not that I'm "somebody" right now but my life would have been a big fat void hadn't I known them. We all have our own lives, our work, our joys, our woes but when we gang up, be it partying or volleyball or dining out or what not, we have a spankin' good time! Its just really cool that all of us are able to celebrate this occasion together, before our personal lives drifted any of us into a different path. Going back to the party. Holy Mother of God! I have no clue where to start and what to say but anytime you have a bunch of grown ups dancing their asses off with a 2 year old kid doing somersaults (not sure what the right term is, for "kuttikarnam"), its as crazzy as it gets!

I wish the best to the couple; you guys rock. As I was telling Kabs the other day, "do what you enjoy and enjoy what you do". No free 2 cents here, I'm so happy for you guys and I hope you stay this way forever.

// Adios //


2 Comments:

Blogger funkaboy said...

I can totally imagine the makeout
sessions. K, me and R in a hot tub
somewhere in Hawaii playing 'guess
whose foot is it' ;)

7:33 AM  
Blogger Bharath said...

hahahahahahahahahaha...i guess that's dane cook inspired? :)

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home